How do I enrol?

There are no formal entry requirements for Short Courses. Students can enter the course that best suits their learning needs, abilities and interests. For further information and on how you can enrol please contact UYCH Community College on 03 5967 1776 – Yarra Junction campus or 03 9736 1457 for the Mount Evelyn campus.

Medicare card and Concession card (if applicable) are required to be presented upon enrolment.

How much does a short course cost?

Costs for short courses are dependent on a number of factors, however we do endeavour to keep costs as inexpensive as possible so as to offer educational possibilities to all, please contact UYCH Community College on 03 5967 1776 – Yarra Junction campus or 03 9736 1457 for the Mount Evelyn campus for further details.

What payment methods do you accept?

Upper Yarra Community House Inc no longer accepts cash payments. For your convenience we have following methods available:

Credit or debit card payment (MasterCard and VISA) via phone, internet banking or in person.

Direct deposit (all transaction require a reference description to ensure your payment is identified e.g. invoice number or student name).

Centrepay – this service is a free direct bill paying service available to customers who receive an Australian Government Department of Human Services Centrelink payment, Family Assistance payment or Parental Leave pay. This payment option is setup at the enrolment stage, with one of our enrolment officers providing assistance as required.

Account Name – Upper Yarra Community House Incorporated
Bank – National Australia Bank (NAB)
BSB – 083-982
Account Number – 03-785-5491

Our friendly staff will assist you at any of the UYCH sites.  All transactions are conducted in a secure manner and credit card details are not kept on file.

Should you have difficulty in this process please contact Nicola Davies on 5967 1776 with queries.

What can short courses lead to?

Participating in a short course can give you the confidence and basic skills and knowledge that could lead you into further education either within the short course area, accredited training or employment and volunteering opportunities.

What makes Cire short courses different?

Our short courses offer a wide range of different subject and interest areas. From everyday life skill courses to skill enhancement for employment purposes there’s something for everyone. Our tutors are patient, knowledgeable and very easy going. Classes are kept small so as to ensure students get individual time with the tutor as needed.

Where are the campuses located?

Courses are held at our Little Yarra Rd site in Yarra Junction and the Old Hereford Rd Mount Evelyn campus (formally known as Morrisons) depending on what course is being offered.

How do I get to class?

Most classes are located at, 20 Old Hereford Road, in Mount Evelyn Campus. There is plenty of car parking on site. There is also a bus stop located on the corner of Hereford and Old Hereford Road that the route 679 Invicta bus stops at.

Will I receive a certificate?

Yes, once you have completed your short course you will receive a certificate of participation for your attendance and course work.

How do I know if I’m eligible for ACFE funding?

Who is eligible to Undertake Subsidised Pre-Accredited Training

Learners who are:

  • Australian citizens
  • Australian Permanent Residents
  • New Zealand citizens

The following people are not eligible for places in government-subsidised Pre-Accredited Programs:

  • They are, within the meaning of the Corrections Act 1986, a prisoner held at a prison.
  • They are detained under the Mental Health Act 1986; or the Crimes (Mental Impairment and Unfitness to be Tried) Act 1997 or the Sentencing Act 1991 at the Thomas Embling Hospital.
  • They are detained (other than on weekend detention) under the Children, Youth and Families Act 2005 or the Sentencing Act 1991 or who is held on remand in the Malmsbury Juvenile Justice Centre or Parkville Youth Residential Centre.
  • In line with the Education and Training Reform Act and school accountability for funding young people, the ACFE Board approved that young people attending school should not access the Board’s pre-accredited subsidy.

For further information about eligibility go to:

Didn’t find the answer to your question?