About the role
As a Senior Case Worker, you will be responsible for overseeing the delivery of our Skills First Reconnect Program, which has a strong focus on supporting participants to meet their educational and employment goals.
Working within an outreach-based, case coordination framework, the Reconnect Program partners with eligible participants aged 17-64yrs, offering the opportunity for positive engagement in education, identifying supported pathways, and transitioning into further study or employment. Using a person-centred approach, our model includes direct one-on-one support and facilitating referrals to relevant support organisations to provide a holistic case management approach.
You will split your time between providing leadership and support to the Reconnect Case Worker, overseeing the contractual obligations, including outcome reporting, and managing a caseload of participants. You will play a part in building awareness in the program by working closely with new and existing partners.
This is a full-time opportunity based in Lilydale. There will be some travel required across the Yarra Ranges.
The Skills First Reconnect program will run until December 2024.
As a not for profit organisation, Cire offers salary packaging and novated leasing which can provide you with beneficial tax savings. Our salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience.
Cire is a diverse organisation dedicated to learning and continuous improvement. There will be opportunities to network and learn from a team of dedicated people, access to EAP services, discounted childcare, discounted courses and ongoing support and mentoring.
To be successful in this position, you will;
- Hold a tertiary qualification in social sciences, community development, welfare, training and assessment, education or similar
- Have case management experience, with a strong understanding of the barriers that prevent engagement in education and employment and how these may be overcome
- Have experience working effectively with people from diverse backgrounds and providing case support coordination
- Be an excellent communicator and have a passion for working with marginalised people and families
- Hold a valid and current approved Victorian Driver’s License with access to a reliable car
- Be fully COVID-19 vaccinated, willing to be vaccinated or have a valid medical exemption
- Currently hold, or are willing to undertake, certifications including a Working with Children Check and National Police Check
This position may suit an experienced leader or someone looking to take the next step in their career. While the ability and desire to lead and mentor is a must, formal experience in a leadership role is not essential for the right candidate.
To enjoy Cire’s environment and culture, you will have a community focus, friendly demeanour and positive attitude. You will demonstrate our values of Respect, Quality and Integrity. You will enjoy being an integral part of a professional team.
What we’re about
Cire Services Incorporated is a uniquely ‘local’ not-for-profit (NFP) organisation. Cire is one of the largest NFPs serving the Yarra Ranges’ diverse population and has recently established itself in the City of Casey.
Cire Services provides flexible learning opportunities, education and training and a depth and breadth of community programs and services to help meet the needs of people of all ages. Our core services include:
- Our Community School, a registered independent school, providing upper primary and secondary curriculum to disengaged students in an alternative school environment;
- Cire Early Learning, supporting children’s services for long day-care, pre-school programs, occasional care, vacation care and before and after school care;
- Cire Training, our Registered Training Organisation (RTO), offering accredited, pre-accredited, work skills and leisure courses; and
- Our Community Hubs, bringing people together to connect, learn and contribute in their local community through social, educational, recreational and support activities.
If you see yourself fitting in well with us and our vision, please send your cover letter and CV via the Apply button or . Please note, only candidates who submit both will be considered.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact the Cire Recruitment Team on 1300 835 235.