Join our dedicated Fleet team at Monbulk or Yarra Junction, transporting young people to and from the school campus.
We are looking to hire a number of bus drivers on an ongoing casual basis – hours will be varied and would suit local people to be available at short notice to work.
About the role
Our drivers are responsible for providing a safe and professional service for our students attending our Community Schools in Yarra Junction, Monbulk and Lilydale. They also provide transport services for Cire Early Learning including OSHC services. Being safe and reliable drivers is just one aspect, they also build positive relationships with our students and school community.
We provide ongoing training for our drivers and professional development opportunities to further skill our drivers in all aspects of safe driving and working with young people to keep them engaged in school.
Shifts are split into mornings and afternoons, with additional shifts available for various excursions, activities, and camps throughout the school year. Casual opportunities available, offering various shifts across the week, depending on your availability there may be the opportunity to offer more shifts.
Have an unwavering focus on safety and skilful driving, friendly, approachable, and committed to providing a professional service to our students and school community.
What you need:
- Minimum Medium Rigid Truck Licence
- Hold, or be willing to undertake, a CPVV Drivers Accreditation
- Hold or be willing to undertake, certifications including a Working with Children Check, National Police Check, and First Aid and CPR Training
- A high regard for safety, road rules and regulations
- Availability to work Monday to Friday morning and afternoons
- Have basic PC skills and be willing to learn apps on a smart phone and tablet in each bus
- Have exceptional customer service skills and a calm and understanding manner
- Have a sound understanding of child safety
- Willingness to attend regular professional development and training throughout the year
To enjoy Cire’s environment and culture, you will have a community focus, friendly personality, and positive attitude. You will demonstrate our Values of Respect, Quality, and Integrity. You will enjoy being an integral part of a professional team.
Our Commitment to Child Safety:
- committed to creating a child safe organisation where all children and young people are safe and feel safe.
- greater focus on safety for those children and young people who are considered more at risk to abuse and neglect.
- actively supports and facilitates participation and inclusion of Aboriginal children, children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds (CALD), those who are unable to live at home, children with a disability and/or children from sexuality and gender diverse groups (LGBTQIA+).
At Cire we put our people at the centre. That’s why we offer:
- Salary packaging (novated leasing, living expenses, entertainment, and benefits etc) so you can reduce your taxable income and keep more of your hard-earned money.
- Professional development opportunities, ongoing support and mentoring to grow in your career.
- Discounted courses via our RTO.
- Being a not-for-profit you’ll feel great knowing your work directly benefits some of the most vulnerable people in our community.
So, if you’re looking for an organisation that values its employees, come join us at Cire.
If you see yourself fitting in well with us and our vision, please send your application via the Apply button or for more information or a confidential discussion, please contact the Cire Recruitment Team on 1300 835 235.