Customer Service Officer
About the role
As a front-of-house Customer Service Officer at Cire, you will be responsible for providing our customers, internal stakeholders, and the broader community with exceptional customer service and support, whilst assisting with associated administrative tasks.
This role will see you:
- Attend to front of house, telephone and email-based enquiries as a priority
- Positively greet customers from a variety of backgrounds
- Complete general administration duties including data entry, filing, photocopying and meeting room management
- Receipting, banking and invoicing monies received
- Support the day to day operations, event planning and community engagement
- Other adhoc duties as required
This permanent, full time role is based at Cire Services Community Hub in Chirnside Park. Business hours are 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Our customer service team are professional and friendly with a strong desire to create positive experiences for the local community. You will be joining a team that is committed to service excellence and will receive the necessary resources and support required to ensure your success.
At Cire, we know that our employees are our greatest asset. That’s why we offer a competitive salary and benefits package that helps you keep more of your hard-earned money. With salary packaging and novated leasing, you can reduce your taxable income and put more money back in your pocket. And because we’re a not-for-profit organisation, you’ll feel great knowing your work directly benefits some of the most vulnerable people in our community.
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a range of benefits, including access to EAP services, discounted childcare, and discounted courses. We also offer ongoing support and mentoring to help you grow in your career. So, if you’re looking for an organisation that values its employees, join us at Cire.
As an experienced Customer Service professional, you are caring, friendly, take initiative, have an open mind, and a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
Additionally, you will:
- Have sound experience working in a customer-facing role
- Be highly computer literate, including the MS Office suite
- Have an aptitude to learn and pick up new systems and processes quickly and effectively
- Have a passion for working with community members and are the ultimate people-person
- Be a highly effective and organised administrator
- Have a warm presence and the ability to create a space where our community feels welcome
- Thrive in a busy, customer-facing environment where every day is different
- Enjoy operating both autonomously and as a member of a close-knit team
- Hold a valid and current approved Victorian Driver’s License with access to a reliable car
- Currently hold, or be willing to undertake, certifications including a Working with Children Check, Australian Right to Work Check, and National Police Check
To enjoy Cire’s environment and culture, you will have a community focus, friendly personality and positive attitude. You will demonstrate our Values of Respect, Quality and Integrity. You will enjoy being an integral part of a professional team.
What we’re about
Cire Services is a not-for-profit (NFP) organisation and one of the largest NFPs serving the diverse population of the Yarra Ranges and Casey regions, near Melbourne.
Our core services include:
- Our Community School, a registered independent school, providing upper primary and secondary curriculum to disengaged students in an alternative school environment;
- Cire Early Learning, supporting children’s services for long day-care, pre-school programs, occasional care, vacation care and before and after school care;
- Cire Training, our Registered Training Organisation (RTO), offering accredited, pre-accredited, work skills and leisure courses; and
- Our Community Hubs, bringing people together to connect, learn and contribute in their local community through social, educational, recreational and support activities.
If you see yourself fitting in well with us and our vision, please send your cover letter and CV via the Apply button or . Please note, only candidates who submit both will be considered.
The position description is available at www.cire.org.au/careers/
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact the Cire Recruitment Team on (03) 7067 6231.