About the role
Cire Community School is a leader in delivering innovative programs to students who have disengaged from education from Years 5 to 12. The Community School offers an alternative to mainstream schooling, supporting some of the region’s most vulnerable and marginalised young people.
Due to continued growth and internal advancement, Cire has a part-time opportunity available immediately at our Lilydale campus, 28 hours/4 days per week.
Our Learning Assistants help to create a positive and supportive learning environment for our students. Working as a team, our Learning Assistants collaborate with students, teachers and wellbeing specialists to establish strategies that support self-regulation and promote active participation in learning. You will assist students with their individual learning needs and support them to achieve progress against their learning objectives. Your days will be varied, always active and working with purpose to support the overall wellbeing of Cire students.
At Cire, we know that our employees are our greatest asset. That’s why we offer a competitive salary and benefits package that helps you keep more of your hard-earned money. With salary packaging and novated leasing, you can reduce your taxable income and put more money back in your pocket. And because we’re a not-for-profit organisation, you’ll feel great knowing your work directly benefits some of the most vulnerable people in our community.
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a range of benefits that include access to EAP services, discounted childcare, and discounted courses. We also offer ongoing support and mentoring to help you grow in your career. So, if you’re looking for an organisation that values its employees, come join us at Cire.
As an experienced Learning Assistant, you:
- Hold a qualification in Education Support, Youth Work or equivalent
- Have experience working with classes ranging from Years 5 to 12, utilising your skills in a wide variety of subject areas
- Are passionate about working with young people who have disengaged from mainstream education
- Have the ability to support students to re-engage with their education and the passion to persist despite any obstacles
- Have the ability to form unconditional and positive relationships with young people and demonstrate flexibility and adaptability on a daily basis
- Have a thorough understanding of both the barriers to engagement in education and the ability to support young people to re-engage, while maintaining a safe learning environment
- Have a thorough understanding of Child Safe frameworks and regulations
- Currently hold, or be willing to undertake, certifications including a Working with Children Check, Australian Right to Work Check, and National Police Check
To enjoy Cire’s environment and culture, you will have a community focus, friendly personality and positive attitude. You will demonstrate our Values of Respect, Quality and Integrity. You will enjoy being an integral part of a professional team.
What we’re about
Cire Services is a not-for-profit (NFP) organisation and one of the largest NFPs serving the diverse population of the Yarra Ranges and Casey regions, near Melbourne.
Our core services include:
- Our Community School, a registered independent school, providing upper primary and secondary curriculum to disengaged students in an alternative school environment;
- Cire Early Learning, supporting children’s services for long day-care, pre-school programs, occasional care, vacation care and before and after school care;
- Cire Training, our Registered Training Organisation (RTO), offering accredited, pre-accredited, work skills and leisure courses; and
- Our Community Hubs, bringing people together to connect, learn and contribute in their local community through social, educational, recreational and support activities.
If you see yourself fitting in well with us and our vision, please send your cover letter and CV via the Apply button or . Please note, only candidates who submit both will be considered.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact the Cire Recruitment Team on (03) 7067 6231.