About the role
Join a dedicated team with a strong desire to contribute to the development of Cire Services through maintaining and improving facilities for the enjoyment of Cire team members, students, and the wider community.
Led by an experienced Facilities Manager, this role will involve:
- General building maintenance
- Garden and grounds maintenance
- Minor building alterations and repairs
No two days will be the same and you will receive all the necessary support to ensure your success.
Permanent full-time position primarily based in Yarra Junction, however travel will be required between Cire sites located across Yarra Ranges and south eastern suburbs. Hours are 7.00am – 3.00pm with some flexibility as required.
You will have:
- Trade qualification (ideally carpentry, electrical, plumbing, building) or proven skills and experience as a handyperson/maintenance worker
- Experience completing repairs and routine maintenance to the interior and exterior of buildings
- Experience working safely with hand and power tools and maintaining grounds and gardens
- A strong work ethic and ability to work effectively as part of a small team or individually
- A good understanding of Occupational Health and Safety legislation and safe work practices
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that allow you to build rapport with stakeholders
- The ability to monitor a computerised maintenance management system and prioritise tasks
- Hold a valid and current Victorian Driver’s License with access to a reliable car (Driver’s accreditation desirable)
- Currently hold, or be willing to undertake, certifications including a Working with Children Check, Australian Right to Work Check, and National Police Check
To enjoy Cire’s environment and culture, you will have a community focus, friendly personality, and positive attitude. You will demonstrate our Values of Respect, Quality, and Integrity. You will enjoy being an integral part of a professional team.
Our Commitment to Child Safety:
- Committed to creating a child safe organisation where all children and young people are safe and feel safe.
- Greater focus on safety for those children and young people who are considered more at risk to abuse and neglect.
- Actively support and facilitate participation and inclusion of Aboriginal children, children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds (CALD), those who are unable to live at home, children with a disability and/or children from sexuality and gender diverse groups (LGBTQIA+)
At Cire we put our people at the centre. That’s why we offer:
- Salary packaging (novated leasing, living expenses, entertainment, and benefits etc) so you can reduce your taxable income and keep more of your hard-earned money.
- Professional development opportunities, ongoing support and mentoring to grow in your career.
- Discounted courses via our RTO.
- Being a not-for-profit you’ll feel great knowing your work directly benefits some of the most vulnerable people in our community.
So, if you’re looking for an organisation that values its employees, come join us at Cire.
If you see yourself fitting in well with us and our vision, please send your application via the Apply button or for more information or a confidential discussion, please contact the Cire Recruitment Team on 1300 835 235.
The position description is available at www.cire.org.au/careers/