Kindergarten Fee Subsidy – Free or Low-Cost Four-year-old Kindergarten
If you are eligible for the Kindergarten Fee Subsidy your child’s year at kindergarten will be at very little cost of $90 per term (see below for eligibility).
Your child may be eligible for free or low-cost Kindergarten as part of the Victorian Government’s commitment to providing all children with access to a high-quality kindergarten program in the year before starting school. DET provides a separate “Kindergarten fee subsidy” to promote participation in Kindergarten programs. The subsidy enables eligible children to attend a funded Kindergarten program either free of charge or at a minimal cost. Kindergartens will promote the “Kindergarten fee subsidy” to eligible families and will make an application to DET for eligible families.
Your child is eligible in any of the following circumstances:
- If your child identifies as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- If your child is identified on their birth certificate as being a multiple birth child (triplets or more)
- If your child holds or has a parent/guardian who holds one of the following:
- A Commonwealth Health Care Card
- A Commonwealth Pensioner Concession Card A
- A Department of Veterans Affairs Gold Card or White Card
- Refugee or Asylum Seeker Visa (200-204 or 866)
- An ImmiCard
- If your child has a humanitarian or refugee visa listed by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection which is not included in the above list, your child may still be eligible for the Kindergarten fee subsidy. Please speak to your Kindergarten for more information