What we’re about
Cire Services Incorporated is a uniquely ‘local’ not-for-profit (NFP) organisation and one of the largest NFPs serving the diverse population of the Yarra Ranges and recently establishing itself in the City of Casey.
Cire Services provides flexible learning opportunities, education and training and a depth and breadth of community programs and services to help meet the needs of people of all ages. Our core services include:
- Our Community School, a registered independent school, providing upper primary and secondary curriculum to disengaged students in an alternative school environment;
- Family and Children’s Services (FaCS), supporting children’s services for long day-care, pre-school programs, occasional care, vacation care and before and after school care;
- Cire Training, our Registered Training Organisation (RTO), offering accredited, pre-accredited, work skills and leisure courses; and
- Our Community Hubs, bringing people together to connect, learn and contribute in their local community through social, educational, recreational and support activities.
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced HR professional to lead and inspire our dedicated team to support Cire’s vision for continued growth and ongoing improvement.
The Senior Manager – People, Culture and Safety reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer and works closely with the Executive Leadership and Corporate Services teams to ensure cohesive and efficient service delivery.
You will be responsible for the operations, compliance and program management of People and Culture and Safety, and will develop an engagement plan to ensure the department aligns with Cire’s Strategic Plan. You will deliver high quality service and support to all departments and stakeholders.
You are someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced medium size business environment, have a relaxed yet high-energy approach to culture, and thrive in a not for profit environment.
You will be leading and working with a team who are well established and experienced, therefore your appreciation of working with creative people, the ability to think on your feet, prioritising your workload and ability to build excellent relationships with a variety of stakeholders is necessary.
You are agile and proactive, and a person who will embody the organisation’s values and beliefs. A track record of delivering against tight deadlines, and someone who demonstrates resilience, leadership and the ability to manage change within diverse groups.
You are a passionate and experienced leader within the HR arena who possesses exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to relate to a diverse range of staff and key stakeholders. Demonstrated ability to provide strategic advice to the executive and senior leaders of the organisation coupled with ability to drive change when needed is also important.
Other key attributes:
- Tertiary qualification in Human Resource Management or relevant discipline
- Professional membership with the Australian Human Resources Institute
- Knowledge of Victorian safety & environmental procedures & legislation
- Experience implementing and delivering an L&D program is desirable
- Currently hold, or are willing to undertake, certifications including a Working with Children Check and National Police Check
To enjoy Cire’s environment and culture, you will have a community focus, friendly demeanour and positive attitude. You will demonstrate our Values of Respect, Quality and Integrity. You will enjoy being an integral part of a fun and professional team.
This is a very exciting time to be joining Cire as we embark on the next stage of our strategic vision and continue to grow.
As a not for profit, Cire offers salary packaging and novated leasing which can provide you with beneficial tax savings. Our salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience.
Cire is a diverse organisation dedicated to learning and continuous improvement. There will be opportunities to network and learn from a team of dedicated people, access to EAP services, discounted child care, discounted courses and ongoing support and mentoring.
If you see yourself fitting in well with us and our vision, please send your cover letter addressing the key selection criteria, found under ‘Knowledge and Experience’ in the position description, and your CV to email@example.com.
Please note, only candidates who submit both documents and address the key selection criteria will be considered.
Applications close Monday 16th August 2021.
Position description – Senior Manager – People, Culture and Safety
For more information, or a confidential discussion please contact COO, Erin Weinberg on 0400 596 252.