What we’re about
Cire Services Incorporated is a uniquely ‘local’ not-for-profit (NFP) organisation and one of the largest NFPs serving the diverse population of the Yarra Ranges and recently establishing itself in the City of Casey.
Cire Services provides flexible learning opportunities, education and training and a depth and breadth of community programs and services to help meet the needs of people of all ages. Our core services include:
- Our Community School, a registered independent school, providing upper primary and secondary curriculum to disengaged students in an alternative school environment;
- Cire Early Learning, supporting children’s services for long day-care, pre-school programs, occasional care, vacation care and before and after school care;
- Cire Training, our Registered Training Organisation (RTO), offering accredited, pre-accredited, work skills and leisure courses; and
- Our Community Hubs, bringing people together to connect, learn and contribute in their local community through social, educational, recreational and support activities.
About the role
Due to continued growth and internal advancement opportunities, Cire Early Learning are currently looking for an Assistant Educator to support our Woori Yallock Outside of School Hours Care (OSHC) program 4 afternoons per week; Monday to Thursday, 3-6pm. There will be opportunities for additional hours and days, including during school holidays in the Vacation Care program.
Our OSHC Assistant Educators draw on their expertise and knowledge to manage the delivery of a high quality learning experience for children. They promote the well-being and development of each child in a safe and nurturing environment, and develop engaging and supportive programs for the children that are innovative, culturally appropriate and value individual needs. Our Assistant Educators forge strong connections with the children, complete observations, and build and maintain relationships with families, sharing information about the care, welfare and development of their children.
Our dedicated team are professional and friendly with a strong desire to create positive experiences for the children in their care. Led by our experienced Director, the team focus on creating opportunities for development, inclusion and engagement. You will be joining a team that is committed to service excellence and you will receive all the necessary resources and support to ensure your success.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Who Are You?
To be considered for this position, you will have the following:
- An ACEQA-approved qualification appropriate for OSHC, such as a Certificate III or Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- A passion for educating and creating positive experiences for children
- Be a clear and effective communicator, both with the children in your care and their families
- Have experience working collaboratively within a team environment
- Understand your obligations under the Child Safe Standards and are comfortable working within the National Quality and Victorian Early Years Learning Frameworks
- Currently hold, or are willing to undertake, certifications including a Working with Children Check and National Police Check
To enjoy Cire’s environment and culture, you will have a community focus, friendly personality and positive attitude. You will demonstrate our Values of Respect, Quality and Integrity in your work. You enjoy being an integral part of a fun and professional team.
As a not for profit, Cire offers salary packaging and novated leasing which can provide you with beneficial tax savings. Our salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience.
Cire is a diverse organisation dedicated to learning and continuous improvement. There will be opportunities to network and learn from a team of dedicated people, access to EAP services, discounted childcare, discounted courses and ongoing support and mentoring.
If you see yourself fitting in well with us and our vision, please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, only candidates who submit both will be considered.
Position description – Outside of School Hours Care Assistant Educator (OSHC), Woori Yallock
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact the Cire Recruitment Team on (03) 7067 6115.